Pledge to Help Stop Bullying + $25 Amazon GC Giveaway!
Be sure to click the link at the bottom to take the pledge and enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card from The Bizy Mommy!
It seems like every week there is another story in the news about a child that has taken their life as a result of extreme bullying. So many children are affected by bullying every day, and we often feel powerless to help.
But we can help, we can make a difference.
Here are some suggestions from StopBullying.gov for things you can start doing today:
1. Talk to about bullying before it happens, and make sure kids know it is not their fault.
2. Make sure kids know that bullying is not acceptable.
3. Share with children ways to get help and safely stand up to bullying.
4. Talk to your kids often and listen to what they have to say.
5. Get actively involved in your child’s life and know what’s going on with them and their friends.
6. Lead by example; treat others with kindness and respect.
7. Help your child find hobbies and special activities that they enjoy.
Getting involved in fun activities is also a great way to help victims of bullying heal (in addition to counseling, of course). Bullying can damage a child’s self esteem and make them feel worthless. Doing something they excel at can help to begin rebuilding their self confidence. I recently learned about a young bullying victim named Jenelle Lankford, who with the support of her family, began handcrafting jewelry as a way to help her heal. She now has her own Etsy shop called Slap Dash Things, and offers a variety of necklaces, earrings, keychains, and more for purchase. She also donates $1.00 from every purchase to Everyone Matters, a global anti-bullying organization.
Join in with me today to help protect kids like Jenelle by pledging to help stop bullying. Visit The Bizy Mommy and fill out the short pledge form, then leave her a comment for a chance to win $25 from Amazon!